Meet the Banyan Staff: Kahlia Bersson, Clinical Director at Banyan Boca
We take pride in having the kindest, most experienced, and genuine team members at Banyan Treatment Center. We'd like to take the time to introduce you to some of our awesome employees! This week we'l introduce you to our Clinical Director, Kahlia Bersson who oversees all clinical staff at our beautiful Boca Raton based detox facility.
1. What brings you to Banyan and tell us a little bit about your background. Since 2008 I’ve been working in various capacities in the field of behavioral health and wellness. As a therapist, I was able to hone my clinical skills and knowledge to eventually grow into a Clinical Director role with Banyan.
2. Where did you grow up and what college(s) did you attend? What areas of study? Favorite subjects, hobbies, sports, etc.. Interestingly, I am second generation native of Miami, FL. I stayed local throughout my education by attending Florida International University, majoring in Psychology, and then attending graduate school at Barry University (also in Miami) studying Social Work. I’ve had the unique opportunity to work with diverse populations but really found my niche working in the realm of Substance Abuse and Mental Health.
3. What are some of the things that make Banyan unique? Banyan is able to distinguish itself from other treatment centers by providing ethical and top-quality services across the board. Banyan attempts to maximize client care and progress by providing a true “step down” model, easing our clients back into their lives with new-found sobriety and coping skills. Banyan also emphasizes the importance of holistic and homeopathic treatments for mental health and addiction by providing alternative interventions like sound healing, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, and more.
“Banyan is able to distinguish itself from other treatment centers by providing ethical and top-quality services across the board. Banyan attempts to maximize client care and progress by providing a true “step down” model, easing our clients back into their lives with new-found sobriety and coping skills.”
4. What do you enjoy most out of the day to day job as Clinical Director? My favorite thing about being a Clinical Director is fostering and mentoring the staff and really seeing them thrive in their roles.
5. Any advice to give to a client who is curious about treatment for the first time? If anyone out there is considering treatment for the first time I would tell them to take a leap of faith and do it! Treatment is the foundation that many people need to not only maintain sobriety but to actualize a happier existence for them.
6. Any advice to give to a client who completed the program and is ready to continue their journey toward sobriety? My best advice is to continue to work on you. Many people get caught up in the hustle of school, work, family, etc. and neglect themselves and their progress comes of a halt or regresses to where it was pre-treatment.
7. Outside of work, what do you love to do? Most of my downtime is spent with family and friends. Outside of work, socializing with the people I love is most important to me.
At Banyan Treatment Center we focus on healing your body from the inside out. Our clinicians are here to treat the mind, body, and soul. We believe in providing growth through your whole recovery process, from detox to aftercare. At Banyan Treatment Center, we are here to help. If you or someone you know is suffering from this deadly disease, the time to get help was yesterday.
Don't surrender your life to addiction, take control and get your life back today. We've helped thousands of people empower themselves to take back control of their lives. It's time for your roots to grow in new soil!
Allison Seriani is the National Public Relations Director for Banyan and is a contributor for Banyan’s Blog spot. She has experience with billing, operations, setting up a facility for proper licensure, consulting, marketing best practices, and public relations. Have a question? Email her at [email protected]